LA4460 Sound Amp
12W audio amp used on many arcade boards. These were also common in car stereos as well. These can be found on PacLand and Gyruss PCBs. 10 Pin SIP package.
12W audio amp used on many arcade boards. These were also common in car stereos as well. These can be found on PacLand PCB. 10 Pin SIP package.
• High gain of 51dB typ. and high power output of 12W
• Possible to delete output and bootstrap capacitors, this
encourages cost and space reductions due to external parts
• Reduced external components (8 pieces recommended, 6
• Almost no pop noises heard during power on or off operation.
• Soft tonal quality in saturated power output.
• Low distortion over low to high ranges of the audio frequencies.
• Low residual noises (Rg=0).
• Good operation conditions because of SIP (single ended
pins) package having been employed for the LA4460N.
• All pin terminal layouts of the LA4461N are reversed for
easy stereo PC board pattern arrengement.
• Two ground terminals for pre-amplifier and power amplifier
are provided for easy PC board pattern arrangement
and for stabilizing distortion chracteristics depending on
signal source impedance.
• Voltage gain is fixed at 51dB, however, lowering the gain
is possible by adding a resistor.
• IC is not damaged, if it is connected reversely.
• Audio muting functions (AC mute & DC mute) are
• Several protection circuits are installed, including :
a. Thermal protection circuit.
b. Overvoltage & surge voltage protection circuit.
c. Load short-circuit current limiting protection circuit.
d. Output pins DC short-circuit protection circuit.
(grounding protection between OUT & GND, and
speaker protection provided.)